Monday, February 28, 2011

Alaskan Winter Tour (day 9 & 10)

WOW!! I love the drive to Girdwood!! always a good time.. good scenery.. not to mention that Girdwood is right next to Mt. Alyeska Ski/Snowboard Resort. I am sure not to many people know this.. but i was planning on doing a little bit of snowboarding while I was up here.. but unfortunately While @ Kelseys.. Family Sledding party I thought it would be cool to to a front flip/cartwheel on a snowboard and tumbled a few times and ended up having a nice AC separation on my right shoulder.. On top of that once I get back to the Cities.. I have plans to go into the studio and doing some serious recording that I can come back with a broken arm for..:)) So boo no fresh poweder for me:( .. but next time for sure!! I wanna go Helli-Boarding and get dropped off at the top of the mountain.. by a helicopter.. there is only one way down and thats down!! So Exciting!! :))) Anyways we ended up packing in the silvertip and those who dont know the Silvertip isnt very big.. so when it is packed it is packed!! Chris, Cody, and I ended up rocking the night away.. Thanks to all that came out!! That night I got to come back to sleep @ SaWEET vacation home .. we ended up hanging pretty late.. its not to often a minnesota boy like me gets to hangout @ sweet places like this looking up @ Mt. Alyeska!! I took a video on my phone and uploaded it to youtube.. check it out!!


Make sure to check out that place!! :))

After we packed up.. Chris and I stopped into most of the bars in Girwood to talk to the owners and find some new places to play next time I am up here.. From there it was to the Furondy.. Which is a 10 day event they have been doing for over 20 years.. it is pretty much a big Carnival/ Snowmobile (Snow machine's is what they call them in Alaska) There was a super jump for snowboarders to gap 2nd Ave.. it was pretty Sweet!! Oh and not to forget the Fur Trade that is going on!! It was pretty windy this day.. and i was far under dressed :(( funny thing is i had all the supplys to stay warm.. i was just on the phone with my wonderful mother and walked out the door not thinking about bringing my heaver duty jack, gloves, hat, and scarf.. I blew it!! haha :) Later that night Cody, Mike, (bass guitar player) ended up stopping in @ Al's Alaska Inn were we shot some pool and got down on some karaoke.. If you like karaoke.. this is the bar to go too.. everyone is doing it and loving it!! haha

From there.. it was a long weekend.. Came home to catch up on my sleep!! :)

They Last few days we have been hanging out in the studio.. working on a new song.. This week we have quite the line up!!

Wed. March 2nd @ Chilkoot Charlies 9-12 (TWP Open JAM)
Thur. March 3rd @ SubZero Martini Bar 6-9 (Acoustic Set)
Fri. March 4th @ Al's Alaska Inn 10-close (Party Central Jamm)
Sun March 6th @ Chilkoot Charlies 9-12 (Live & Local with 94.7 KZND; The End)

It is going to be a crazy WEek.. busy and full of shows!! I am thinking this week is going to fly!!

Thank you once again for your Love & Support!!

Ps. Kelsey.. cant wait to kiss your face!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw :) Feelings are mutual babe.
    and remember, reread your blogs before you post them, I am not there to spell check for you ;)

    ReplyDelete